So like all weeks, this week it was back to the field. Surprisingly to everyone but me I managed to learn the commands quite quickly. I never have problems memorizing things and it doesn't make a difference what it is or if I understand it. I even managed to learn it better and faster than most of the machlakah, which was a bit surprising to me. My samach (samal of the machlakah) was actually shocked to the point where he asked me how I managed to learn it so quickly. I even got to be the commander of the exercize, so I was the one giving the commands, which definately made it a lot more fun. I got to lead by giving the commands while the other 3 people pretty much only had to repeat after me.
I ended up getting sick in the field which is definately not fun at all. I had a fever one evening and when I woke up I felt like crap. They let me rest in the tent because I was freezing cold. At about 1030 when the sun was beating down on the tent I was inside with long underwear a long sleeve undershirt, my full uniform including my boots, a jacket, gloves a toque and a sleeping bag and I was still cold. They had decided that I had done enough sleeping (even though they woke me up numerous times throughout my napping) and told me to sit in the shade on a bench for the classes they were giving. They then told everyone else not to sit on the bench next to me. That was pretty much the best news they could have given me because that meant that they were most likely going to send me back to base, which they did a few hours later. This happened on Tuesday, and I only managed to feel better towards the end of Thursay - just in time to get ready to go home!
So how did I spend my New Years Eve? 6PM dinner. 7PM free time - called a few friends and got ready for bed. 8PM bedtime. 245AM I wake up and start getting ready to get off base. 4PM bus leaves base for Tel Aviv! The best part is that my parents came to Israel to visit me for 2 weeks. So I finally got to see them for the first time since I got to Israel 7.5 months ago. Next week I get a week off the army to be with my parents which is awesome!
I go back to base on Sunday for a couple of day of survival week before I get my holiday on Tuesday. Thursday I have my swearing in ceremony (call me for details if your in the area!!!) at Latrun and then I don't have to return to base until the following Tuesday!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment