The UJA Walk With Israel is an annual event in Toronto where thousands of supporters of Israel walk the streets of downtown in support of Israel. I have participated in this event on a number of occasions and 2 years ago was one of the founding forces to incorporate my fraternity, AEPi in raising money and participating in the walk.This year, with still over a month left before the walk, AEPi is co-sponsoring the event's after-party and we are leading all 'teams' in money raised. The money we raise will go directly towards building educational and social supports for Bat Yam's Ethiopian-Israeli community. These absorption centres are an important part of the integration of recent immigrants from Ethiopia to Israeli society, giving them medical care and job training, for example. As an international fraternity, we have set our fund raising goal at $10,000.
For obvious reasons I will not be able to participate in the walk this year, but instead I will walk IN Israel and I can guarantee that I will do at least half an hour of guard duty as well.
If you support what I do as I defend Israel on a daily basis as a soldier in the armored corps, I ask that you support Israel by sponsoring myself or my fraternity in the Walk for Israel. For all of you in the Toronto area, I additionally encourage you to show your support for Israel by attending the walk on May 30th.
Sponsor me: http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=866640
Sponsor my fraternity: http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=831798&LangPref=en-CA
Donations of $10 and over receive a tax receipt for 2010.
Feel free to check out all the information which is available online at:
http://walkwithisrael.com/
Thank you for your ongoing support!
Alex
No comments:
Post a Comment