Thursday we woke up at 430AM to participate in a run that was put on by the army. We drove an hour north to go for a run and then drive back 1 hour to the base to do a bunch of bullshit for half a day before we went to bed and then home Friday morning. It was a real nuisance that they didn't let all of us go home after the run. Just before leaving the base they gave us 2 minutes to leave our guns in the barracks and get on the bus. As I put my gun away one of the commanders wanted to confirm with me that I had my alef uniform (my public one - meaning I was going home after the run!) I told him that nobody told me I was going home. He told me to hurry up - pack my bag to go home in addition to packing my bag for the following week because we weren't returning to the base before going to the field. I managed to pack everything I needed (I hope) and get on the bus in about 4 minutes. It's amazing how quickly one can move when you find out your going home one day earlier than expected after being on base for 15 days. So what was the occasion? I got to get fitted for insoles for my boots which was in Herzliya.
So aside from the excitement of going home, back to the run. It was a huge event with thousands of soldiers and other civilians running. There was a 3km and a 10km run. I opted to do the 10km run and only one other person in my company did it as well. The longest I had ever run before was 8km so no matter how I did I was going to be my fastest 10km ever. My time ended up being quite good - 53 minutes.
I head back to base for 2 more weeks to finish up training in the tank. After that its 2 more weeks of bullshit and on July 1st I have my end of training ceremony. Next week we have our crew test in the tank. Until now all the exercises we have done in the tank we review exactly what we are going to do before we step in the tank, but for the test everything will be a surprise. Once we complete the test i will technically passed training and I will become a full licensed combat soldier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alex, nice work ... to end of trg. You've done well. Amazing to think back to the beginning all that's enfolded. Love Tibor
ReplyDelete