email me: alex.kaldor@gmail.com
My travel blog: Alex vs. The World

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The new life

This week I got to my new company. It's a completely different atmosphere as to when I was in training. When we got there there was a table of food and everyone there was singing and welcoming us. Everything is more relaxed and there is no distance with our commanders or officers. The people are really nice and overall I enjoyed myself. In the barracks there is also a TV and ping pong table. One of the best things is that while we are working on the tanks there is music playing!
This week was spent getting adjusted to the new life, arranging our equipment and cleaning the tanks. This week we didn't do any guard duty or any of the crap jobs. Typically all the new guys end up getting all the bad jobs (which will surely start next week) While in training I had another tzevet that was on the tank with me because there wasn't enough tanks for people, but now I have my own tank, so I have to do twice as much work as before.
Once the work is done for the day, we are given our free time. It's not like in training where we only had an hour and then we had to be in bed, but we are given more time, and sometimes people order pizzas or sit around and drink coffee. The atmosphere is more relaxed. The only downside is that the additional free time we use to 'hang out' cuts into our sleep time, and thus we don't get a 'full night sleep' - whatever that means. On Wednesday night they set up a projector outside and we got to watch the semi final game of the world cup.

Sorry for the quick blog update, but I don't have much time by the computer this weekend. You can take this time to catch up on my previous posts if you have fallen behind on the blog reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment