email me: alex.kaldor@gmail.com
My travel blog: Alex vs. The World

Friday, September 25, 2009

Start of Ulpan

Tuesday started our ulpan. Now that we are done with basic training we start our hebrew classes for the next 2 months. But before we could start the classes I was voluntold to do something called toronute rasar, which I think loosely translates to bitchwork. Of the 6 hours of toronute rasar I did about 1 hour of sweeping the streets. The best part of the entire day (not just the 6 hours) was that while I was sweeping I found a pinecone and started playing hockey using the broom as a hockey stick. I'm not sure which is worse - the fact that my day was so crappy that the best part was playing hockey by myself with a broomstick and a pinecone or the fact that in all seriousness I actually had a lot of fun!


I survived 12 days on base without going completely nuts. Maybe the previous paragraph might change people's minds. We now get a long weekend and don't have to be back on base until Tuesday because of Yom Kippur, which makes next week very short!

No comments:

Post a Comment