email me: alex.kaldor@gmail.com
My travel blog: Alex vs. The World

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Intro to Italy

Four days ago I booked a last minute flight to Italy for 12 days. I have never been to Europe before and from Israel, it is relatively close and very cheap if you look for a last minute deal. By the time I landed in Italy, the only thing I had booked were a hostel for the first 2 nights of my trip in Florence and a 3 day tour at the end of my trip which was recommended by my sister. Thats it. I had started to look into whats worth seeing and doing in Italy, but it felt like I was doing an internet research project, so I said forget about it. So without a clue of whats worth seeing and doing I hopped on a plane with a guidebook, my 12 kilogram backpack and my one 8.5" x 11" moslty blank piece of paper which I called my itinerary (however it would probably be more accurate just to call it a mostly blank piece of paper). Off I go for an unplanned trip that is bound to be quite an adventure! The blog posts specifically from Italy can be found here. Alternatively here is the URL to the homepage of my travel blog: http://AlexVersusTheWorld.blogspot.com The Kaldors Korner blog is more centered around my 2 years here living in Israel and my army service.

No comments:

Post a Comment