email me: alex.kaldor@gmail.com
My travel blog: Alex vs. The World

Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's official!

So I could start by writing all the things I love about Israel, but then I would never finish the blog, so I guess I will briefly touch upon the things I have just discovered that I dislike.
1. Google Israel. It's in hebrew, and its weird. This blog is supported by google, and its extremely hard to navigate because of the backwardsness and the hebrewness.
2. Everyone has the right of way. I like it much better in Canada where I as the pedestrian always have the right of way. Here, it becomes a game of chicken with the vehicles. Sometimes I win, and the other times I decide not to play. I NEVER LOSE!
3. The work week starts on Sunday. I'm still undecided if I actually dislike this. I guess you will have to keep reading my blog to find out the verdict :-P

And that's it. Not a heck of a lot to dislike.

I don't have too many plans until Thursday when I go to Jerusalem for Yom Yerushalayim (Jerusalem Day) and meet up with my friends on a birthright trip. Until then I am just hanging out in the streets with not much to do, and still unsure of how to spend the next few days before Jerusalem. Today I went into Tel Aviv and ran some errands. One of which was to officially enlist in the IDF!!! I still have other paper work and stuff to do, but the process has begun!

Oh by the way, I'm not actually living on the streets - I am not THAT crazy and unorganized (although I'm sure some beg to differ). I'm in Rechovot with family - Rechovot means streets in Hebrew! Mom - CHILL OUT!

2 comments:

  1. alex, i know you're not living on the streets. ha ha. love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: discovery #2. I was once saved from being transformed into part of the holy pavement of Herzliya by a caring Israeli guy, who after grabbing my arm and yanking me back on to the sidewalk quoted Psalms 116:6 - "G-d watches the fools"...

    ReplyDelete